One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not arousing interest or enthusiasm.
uninteresting, dull, boring, tedious, monotonous, dry, dreary, wearisomeView synonyms
- ‘We are only giving him back some of the comfort he has earned by having to live out his first hard years in a non-stimulating and unhealthful environment.’
- ‘Undernutrition is usually associated with poverty and non-stimulating home environments, which affect children's development.’
- ‘Introverts re-charge their batteries by retreating to a quiet and non-stimulating environment.’
- ‘His diet consists mainly of grains, seeds, fruit, vegetables and non-stimulating drinks.’
- ‘Many cats spend their days in home environments that are often lonely, and non-stimulating.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.