One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not associated with or interested in religious or spiritual matters.‘non-spiritual pursuits’‘a non-spiritual person’
- ‘When you begin with the premise that all spiritual matters must have some non-spiritual explanation, then the process of enquiry is much like that of peeling an onion.’
- ‘Agnostic and "non-spiritual" students are often ambivalent towards their own status, having learned that it is better not to cause waves than to openly "choose a side."’
- ‘Without going into specifics, I've noticed that some writers, and even some bloggers, can be reasonable and agreeable (even when disagreeing) on non-spiritual matters.’
- ‘In a sense, concentration is the most generic form of mind training, with many non-spiritual applications as well.’
- ‘Most of the objections seem to be based in the idea that Science is a selfish, non-spiritual, power-making discipline.’
- ‘If I am "spiritual but not religious," can I face a decidedly non-spiritual world with the virtues that attracted me to spiritual life to begin with?’
- ‘I instinctively knew that a non-spiritual path would fail - the problem was so deeply rooted that only a healer could touch it.’
- ‘That kind of attitude is totally non-spiritual, whereas learning to integrate with the body, to reconnect with or "remember" the body, is a spiritual exercise.’
- ‘A variety of businesses catered to the nonspiritual needs of the vast numbers of pilgrims swarming to Ise.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.