One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Inflammation of the urethra due to infection by chlamydiae or other organisms (other than gonococci).
- ‘Among the most common infections are genital warts, chlamydia, candidiasis and non-specific urethritis.’
- ‘There isn't one specific cause of the STI non-specific urethritis, and it affects only men.’
- ‘According to the HPSC, the most common STIs reported last year were anogenital warts, genital chlamydia infection and non-specific urethritis (infection of the bladder).’
- ‘Reiter's syndrome is most common in young men who have just recovered from non-specific urethritis.’
- ‘In the developing world, the commonest diseases are gonorrhoea, syphilis, chancroid, and HIV infection, whereas in developed countries they are chlamydial infections, non-specific urethritis, genital warts, and herpes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.