Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Inflammation of the urethra due to infection by chlamydiae or other organisms (other than gonococci).
- ‘Reiter's syndrome is most common in young men who have just recovered from non-specific urethritis.’
- ‘According to the HPSC, the most common STIs reported last year were anogenital warts, genital chlamydia infection and non-specific urethritis (infection of the bladder).’
- ‘There isn't one specific cause of the STI non-specific urethritis, and it affects only men.’
- ‘Among the most common infections are genital warts, chlamydia, candidiasis and non-specific urethritis.’
- ‘In the developing world, the commonest diseases are gonorrhoea, syphilis, chancroid, and HIV infection, whereas in developed countries they are chlamydial infections, non-specific urethritis, genital warts, and herpes.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.