Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not involving or relating to sex or sexual reproduction.‘non-sexual fertilization’‘a non-sexual relationship’‘non-sexual crime’
asexual, neuter, unsexed, epiceneView synonyms
- ‘Depending on the person, any number of things can cause sexual arousal, including non-sexual things such as the feeling of water on the body.’
- ‘Aymo has trouble understanding a non-sexual relationship with women.’
- ‘Already this year we have seen decreases in recorded crimes of non-sexual violence and in the number of homicides in Scotland in 2003.’
- ‘The survey revealed that non-sexual desires, such as the need for reassurance and understanding, were a primary motive among women for infidelity.’
- ‘In a way, it keeps everything pure and non-sexual.’
- ‘It was all strangely non-sexual really but heaps of fun.’
- ‘Now, I've dated people I've met online, but through non-sexual contact.’
- ‘I don't mean personal stuff of a non-sexual nature.’
- ‘Such a relationship implies in part that they spend time together in non-dating, non-sexual relationship.’
- ‘To avoid this, most guys are taught to think of non-sexual things - but that essentially ruins the whole sexual experience for the guy.’
- ‘Sex-related drugs such as Viagra and non-sexual massage items are legal.’
- ‘So much of our physical contact is non-sexual and just tender.’
- ‘So I don't see the non-sexual reasons for polyamory.’
- ‘They include non-sexual crimes of violence and serious assaults.’
- ‘Even though it's a totally non-sexual, family-oriented activity, many people have discomfort with it.’
- ‘My theory is that the unfulfilled heightened desire will channel itself into a more meaningful non-sexual relationship.’
- ‘It would not be too difficult to draw up a list of prisoners found guilty of certain categories of non-serious, non-violent, non-sexual offences.’
- ‘It's an unwieldy title referring to non-sexual relationships - think two older siblings living together, or an adult with a grown child who's moved back home.’
- ‘Much, if not most, adolescent sexual activity is about the expression of non-sexual needs.’
- ‘I applaud the movie for portraying their relationship in completely non-sexual terms.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.