One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a group or system) not separated or divided on a racial, sexual, or religious basis.‘we can build non-segregated communities’‘non-segregated education’
desegregated, unsegregated, racially mixed, racially balancedView synonyms
- ‘He was in 1962 active in encouraging a boycott of South African theatre by overseas English-speaking playwrights, insisting that plays should be performed before non-segregated audiences.’
- ‘People live intermixed in non-segregated communities.’
- ‘Wherever it is possible, education should be given in nonsegregated schools.’
- ‘From the beginning his Scout troop contained both Catholic and Protestant boys, and it was General Montgomery's proud boast that the school at Fivemiletown was a glowing example of happy, successful non-segregated education.’
- ‘Plans for a non-segregated cemetery in Enniskillen faced criticism.’
- ‘States created complex administrative procedures to block access to non-segregated education.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.