One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or involving religious or spiritual matters.
priestly, ministerial, clerical, ecclesiastic, prelatic, canonical, parsonical, pastoralView synonyms
- ‘If non-secular artists could find a way to smuggle the word of God to the masses, with hundreds of watts of power behind them, why wouldn't they?’
- ‘Is it fair to conclude the display is religious simply because the governments that erected it may have had non-secular motives?’
- ‘He celebrated Christmas with a non-secular fervor.’
- ‘The project clearly seems non-secular in nature and I feel a little uncomfortable having tax revenues go to that purpose.’
- ‘The only way to miss the religious or nonsecular appearance of the monument would be to walk through the building with one's eyes closed.’
- ‘After story time, the conversation turned to non-secular matters.’
- ‘If these institutions want a nonsecular future, they must construct serious and sustained formative experiences for their lay faculty, staff, and administrators.’
- ‘I had wanted to make a piece of work for a non-secular space for some time because I was always inspired by religious art.’
- ‘"I'm uncomfortable when non-secular and government revenue start getting a little too mixed together," he said.’
- ‘The director's nonsecular undertones are planted in the earth, waiting to grow into something awesome.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.