One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person whose saliva and other secretions do not contain blood-group antigens.
- ‘In all blood groups the average number of cavities is lower for ABH secretors than for non-secretors.’
- ‘Healthy mucosa of non-secretors shows little staining for these blood type antigens, but instead, demonstrates significant quantities of the I antigen.’
- ‘This property distinguishes secretors from non-secretors, a property that has forensic importance such as in cases of rape.’
- ‘Duodenal ulcer is twice as common in those who are blood group O non-secretors.’
- ‘As a general rule, a higher intensity of oral disease is found among ABH non-secretors.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.