One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not in, relating to, or characteristic of the countryside; urban.‘crime is substantially lower in rural areas than non-rural areas’
- ‘The popular 4-H tractor maintenance program, introduced in the 1940s, was broadened in the 1960s to include small engines in an effort to meet the needs of 4-H'ers in non-rural settings.’
- ‘That means trouble for the non-rural exporters who have been struggling with a soft global economy for the last 18 months.’
- ‘The dangers in a rural agenda driven by non-rural people are many.’
- ‘Busyness has become some kind of desirable state in our non-rural America.’
- ‘The non-agricultural professionals were distributed throughout the province, but, as expected, the capital area and the port cities had higher rates of non-rural workers.’
- ‘The people who have come in from the outside; the people who were younger; the people who worked in non-rural activities were less inclined.’
- ‘They were asked about their background (farm, rural or non-rural, small town, medium city, and city/metro), as well as the geographical area of their hometowns.’
- ‘The U.S. already has 80% of its population living in non-rural areas.’
- ‘The research shows 29 percent of the students are female and that they are almost equally split between rural and non-rural residences.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.