One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘As a result, 30% of paratroops and 590 non-rigid containers, which had been assigned to be dropped on the first night, remained stranded on airfields.’
- ‘The cruciate ligaments are able to pivot where they are attached to the bones because they are made of a non-rigid material.’
- ‘Their nonrigid skeleton has led to rare occurrence and poor preservation.’
- ‘She often worked with non-rigid materials such as this, and in 1964 she initiated ‘vestiary’ sculpture, designed to be worn by the spectator.’
- ‘A likely cause may be the nonrigid connections between filaments and levers.’
- 1.1 Denoting an airship whose shape is maintained solely by the pressure of the gas inside.
- ‘The Navy had purchased five nonrigid airships from Goodyear in 1954 for the airborne early warning mission.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.