One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a style of art) not intended to present an accurate depiction of the physical appearance of people or things.‘a completely non-representational abstract painting’
- ‘The perspicacious observer may have noticed that most of my hobbyist ventures into the graphic arts are abstract or non-representational.’
- ‘Art, especially non-representational art, is confusing to plenty of people.’
- ‘They shared an emphasis on the non-representational physicality of the painting and emotional engagement with the viewers.’
- ‘At this time he was one of the leading British abstract artists, but by the end of the decade he had become disillusioned with non-representational art and reverted to naturalism.’
- ‘For the moment, I can take comfort in the fact that music is a non-representational art form.’
- ‘Blegvad even shifts into a non-representational style to draw impressions of sounds for a strip where Levi is awakening to the sounds of his neighborhood.’
- ‘Kandinsky's ideas for non-representational art emanate from several different sources.’
- ‘His desires for inner expression led to the development of non-representational art, or art without a given subject.’
- ‘Unlike the Fauve colors, the non-representational colors of Pop Art do not depict the artist's inner sensation of the world.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.