Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Failure to pay an amount of money that is owed:‘non-remittance of taxes’
non-payment, failure to pay, non-remittanceView synonyms
- ‘They accused the airlines of non-remittance of the five percent tax on every ticket they sold.’
- ‘The picketing workers had gone on strike against bad wages, non-remittance of tax deductions to the Board of Inland Revenue and intimidation of workers by officials.’
- ‘Free Primary Education and Free Day Secondary Education have been hampered by non-remittance of funds to schools on time.’
- ‘Why has no administration ever solved the widespread problem of non-remittance of social security and health care premiums.’
- ‘Legally, non-remittance of both taxes constitutes fraud.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.