One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not random; not ordered randomly.‘our sample was non-random’
- ‘Such a modelling approach is not without its critics, particularly on the grounds of insufficient data, uncertainty and the non-random distribution of weeds.’
- ‘Obviously the random component precedes the non-random one in the causal chain.’
- ‘Migration is non-random and is associated with deprivation.’
- ‘One of the strongest non-random patterns is that rich and powerful people are healthier than poor and powerless people.’
- ‘We opted instead for a non-random sample from different contexts in order to capture a more diverse pool of respondents.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.