Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
(of a medicine) available for sale without a prescription.
- ‘If you are taking any non-prescription medicines, including herbal remedies, be prepared to let the doctor know what they are.’
- ‘If the product is a non-prescription analgesic, does the patient already have a supply at home?’
- ‘Other medications such as antidepressants, anti-seizure medications, and prescription or non-prescription pain medications may also be helpful.’
- ‘Pharmacists have also failed adequately to explain the high cost of non-prescription medicines here, said Foley.’
- ‘Delivering to 13,000 retail customers in six countries, the company is also expanding into toiletries and non-prescription medicines in supermarkets and other outlets.’
- ‘Some prescription and non-prescription drugs contribute to or actually cause depression!’
- ‘Even some non-prescription drugs and vitamins or even ibuprofen can cause traumas if your liver function is at all compromised.’
- ‘Talk with your care provider about the medications, both prescription and non-prescription, you take.’
- ‘Investigation by the society revealed a history of abuse of alcohol as well as prescription and non-prescription drugs by the respondent mother.’
- ‘One should be careful about using non-prescription, over-the-counter anti-inflammatory and itch-suppressing creams or lotions.’
- ‘Confederates of the researchers went to the pharmacies and made test purchases of non-prescription products without disclosing their identity.’
- ‘Now those individuals buying non-prescription medicine have to pay out-of-pocket.’
- ‘Does he take any prescription or non-prescription drugs?’
- ‘Both prescription and non-prescription medicines have an expiration date noted somewhere on the label.’
- ‘As a result, asthma is not controlled by these non-prescription cold medicines, and may even become worse with their use.’
- ‘The name and the dose of each medication were transcribed by the study technicians and were matched with a computerized database of prescription and non-prescription medications.’
- ‘Tell your doctor and pharmacist about all prescription and non-prescription medications as well as the herbal or alternative medicines you take.’
- ‘She used a non-prescription hydrocortisone ointment and the spots faded for a few days, but they returned with vengeance, sweeping across her chin to the other side of her face and up to her forehead.’
- ‘When heartburn sufferers want relief, they reach for prescription and non-prescription drug relief.’
- ‘There are numerous prescription and non-prescription allergy medications available, including antihistamines such as Reactine and inhaled steroids such as Flonase.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.