One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A source of pollution that issues from widely distributed or pervasive environmental elements.‘cattle are the leading non-point source of pollution in Canada today’Compare with point source
- ‘These factors are consistent with nonpoint sources such as septic fields, residential lawn fertilizers, and agricultural fertilizers.’
- ‘Water bodies can violate water quality standards because of either point source or nonpoint source pollution.’
- ‘Shallow curtain drains that intersect untreated wastewater are an important source of nonpoint source pollution in Ohio and should never be used.’
- ‘In its program, a state or territory describes how it will implement nonpoint source pollution controls, known as management measures.’
- ‘As he points out, good forestry is part of the solution to nonpoint source pollution.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.