Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not involving any assumptions as to the form or parameters of a frequency distribution.
- ‘Parametric and non-parametric statistical tests were used.’
- ‘The results were statistically evaluated using the non-parametric Mann - Whitney and Kruskal - Wallis tests.’
- ‘Normality tests were performed in order to determine whether parametric or non-parametric analyses should be employed.’
- ‘As the distributions of the outcome measures were frequently skewed, non-parametric statistical tests were used.’
- ‘Reanalysis of the data with non-linear and non-parametric methods and assumptions did not change any of the inferences drawn.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.