One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Active during the day.
active during the dayView synonyms
- ‘Nocturnal eaters were significantly more likely to report binge eating and differed significantly from non-nocturnal eaters.’
- ‘When the sun sets in the evening, non-nocturnal animals go through a physiological change in their bodies.’
- ‘In one study, researchers evaluated melatonin levels in healthy patients, patients with nocturnal asthma, and patients with nonnocturnal asthma.’
- ‘I thought I was safe at night. Safe from non-nocturnal flying insects with colorful wings.’
- ‘At times Else suspected that her own daytime wanderings were some frightening kind of non- nocturnal somnambulism.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.