Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Active during the day.
active during the day, non-nocturnalView synonyms
- ‘I thought I was safe at night. Safe from non-nocturnal flying insects with colorful wings.’
- ‘When the sun sets in the evening, non-nocturnal animals go through a physiological change in their bodies.’
- ‘Nocturnal eaters were significantly more likely to report binge eating and differed significantly from non-nocturnal eaters.’
- ‘In one study, researchers evaluated melatonin levels in healthy patients, patients with nocturnal asthma, and patients with nonnocturnal asthma.’
- ‘At times Else suspected that her own daytime wanderings were some frightening kind of non- nocturnal somnambulism.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.