One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘There's almost a palpable feeling of arms being twisted behind backs when a politician gives his or her non-negative view of the war.’
- ‘Two patients categorised their feelings after reading the letter as negative, 71 as non-negative, and six did not understand the letter's content.’
- 1.1Mathematics Either positive or equal to zero.
- ‘Among the topics which Frobenius studied towards the end of his career were positive and non-negative matrices.’
- ‘These masses and fluxes are expected to be non-negative.’
- ‘The non-negative random variable T measures survival time.’
- ‘These rate variation parameters are restricted to non-negative values.’
- ‘We also required that the numerically estimated derivatives from Equation 8 be non-negative.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.