Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
- ‘There's almost a palpable feeling of arms being twisted behind backs when a politician gives his or her non-negative view of the war.’
- ‘Two patients categorised their feelings after reading the letter as negative, 71 as non-negative, and six did not understand the letter's content.’
Either positive or equal to zero.
- ‘These masses and fluxes are expected to be non-negative.’
- ‘The non-negative random variable T measures survival time.’
- ‘These rate variation parameters are restricted to non-negative values.’
- ‘Among the topics which Frobenius studied towards the end of his career were positive and non-negative matrices.’
- ‘We also required that the numerically estimated derivatives from Equation 8 be non-negative.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.