Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not holding or manifesting moral principles.‘non-moral value judgements’
- ‘In this respect they anticipate some of Kant's ideas about moral and non-moral value.’
- ‘If we nonetheless accept that maximizing utility is itself the goal, then it is best seen as a non-moral ideal, akin in some ways to an aesthetic ideal.’
- ‘Perhaps there are non-moral senses of the term ‘corruption’.’
- ‘Likona differentiates between moral values and non-moral ones.’
- ‘In this respect, our disagreements about morality are analogous to our disagreements about non-moral matters.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.