One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not militant or aggressive in support of a political or social cause.‘a non-militant organization that took non-violent civil disobedience as its strategy’
- ‘Often the first workers to strike back are the new groups previously regarded as subdued and non-militant.’
- ‘This led more women to join the non-militant organizations than hitherto.’
- ‘Another added, ‘We are supposed to be one of the non-militant areas.’’
- ‘The National Being presents a synthesis of his ideas on non-militant nationalism, spiritual concerns, and idealistic principles.’
- ‘‘I remain steadfast that any protest which is non-militant, peaceful… is allowable in the country, by the constitution,’ he said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.