(of a tumour) benign; not cancerous.
harmless, non-malignant, non-cancerous, non-dangerous, innocentView synonyms
- ‘Richard Davis, 53, of London, enjoyed bridge, the cinema and meals out before taking medication for a non-malignant pituitary gland tumour.’
- ‘Charlton striker Kevin Lisbie was recovering in hospital last week after an operation to remove a non-malignant tumour from his nose.’
- ‘They will find that ‘cancer’ does not include many kinds of non-malignant tumour.’
- ‘The former power engineer said his skull remained weak after two operations to remove non-malignant tumours and he was undergoing further tests after doctors raised fears of a third.’
- ‘A ten-year study in Sweden suggested that heavy mobile phone users were more prone to non-malignant tumours in the ear and a Dutch study had suggested changes in cognitive function with mobile phone use.’