One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a piece or style of writing) not literary in character.
- ‘The second fact Ducan misses is that many innovative poets partake of a range of literary and non-literary avant-garde practices.’
- ‘One of this book's many strengths is its attention to various writers and texts - both dramatic and non-dramatic, literary and non-literary.’
- ‘And while the rainbow can be understood as a covenant made between the artist and nature, it also seems like a symbol; it is a literary intrusion in an otherwise non-literary poem.’
- ‘I began this chapter by noting that literary theory in the 1980s and 1990s has not focused on the difference between literary and non-literary works.’
- ‘I used to be a snob about non-literary texts but am enjoying the mélange more and more.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.