One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting a trial or legal action not having or requiring a jury.
- ‘A new court procedure is to be established in which a pre-trial hearing could take place in a closed non-jury court.’
- ‘There is a persuasive case for non-jury courts in certain circumstances.’
- ‘When the jury system broke down under intimidation, non-jury trials were enacted.’
- ‘The suspects will be excluded from parts of their hearings in non-jury courts, which will be held in secret.’
- ‘His three-day non-jury trial was scheduled to begin in the Superior Court of Justice on December 6, 2004, 22 months after his arrest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.