Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not causing irritation to a body part.‘the treatments are non-irritating, save for a little warmth on the skin’‘a gentle, non-irritating cleanser’
non-poisonous, innocuous, harmless, benign, safe, non-irritating, hypoallergenicView synonyms
- ‘Because carbon monoxide is colorless, tasteless, odorless and nonirritating, it can overcome the exposed person without warning.’
- ‘The salt water is called an isotonic solution because it is a nonirritating mixture with the same saltiness as your body fluids.’
- ‘Creams are appropriate for patients with sensitive or dry skin who require a nonirritating, nondrying formulation.’
- ‘Aloe Vera soap is very good for the face and is biodegradable, pH controlled and non-irritating.’
- ‘The smoking gas they released was non-irritating and initially odorless.’
- ‘This line includes deep-cleaning, non-irritating cleansers for dry, combination and oily sensitive-skin types.’
- ‘Carbon monoxide is a poisonous gas that is odourless, colourless, tasteless and non-irritating.’
- ‘I soon found myself spending more money on whole foods and non-irritating beauty products than on manicures and shoes.’
- ‘Cleanse your feet with a gentle, non-irritating cleanser and a foot brush or washcloth.’
- ‘Rosacea patients must be advised always to apply a nonirritating facial sun block when outdoors.’
- ‘Plastic fiber insulation is relatively non-irritating to work with and doesn't readily burn.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.