One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1(of medical procedures) not involving the introduction of instruments into the body.‘non-invasive techniques such as ultrasound’
- ‘Those non-invasive procedures are the newest and most popular weapon in the arsenal against aging.’
- ‘Routine veterinary examinations can utilize non-invasive procedures such as ultrasounds, X-rays, and blood and urine tests.’
- ‘MRI angiography is a unique non-invasive method of imaging blood vessels without using contrast medium.’
- ‘These new groups increasingly took on the responsibilities of many types of invasive and non-invasive procedures.’
- ‘Collection of urine being a non-invasive procedure it is an ideal specimen especially in children with congenital infections.’
2Not tending to spread undesirably or harmfully.‘non-invasive precancerous tissue’
- ‘Elementary school-aged children are at highest risk for noninvasive disease.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.