Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1(of medical procedures) not involving the introduction of instruments into the body.‘non-invasive techniques such as ultrasound’
- ‘Collection of urine being a non-invasive procedure it is an ideal specimen especially in children with congenital infections.’
- ‘Those non-invasive procedures are the newest and most popular weapon in the arsenal against aging.’
- ‘Routine veterinary examinations can utilize non-invasive procedures such as ultrasounds, X-rays, and blood and urine tests.’
- ‘These new groups increasingly took on the responsibilities of many types of invasive and non-invasive procedures.’
- ‘MRI angiography is a unique non-invasive method of imaging blood vessels without using contrast medium.’
2Not tending to spread undesirably or harmfully.‘non-invasive precancerous tissue’
- ‘Elementary school-aged children are at highest risk for noninvasive disease.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.