One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not causing harm or offence.‘non-injurious physical contact’
harmless, safe, non-dangerous, non-poisonous, non-toxic, non-irritant, innocentView synonyms
- ‘When faced with a condition that is unfamiliar, a teacher must be open to feedback from the student in order to find poses and that are helpful and non-injurious.’
- ‘These must be used sparingly, reluctantly, after the noninjurious options have been tried.’
- ‘Although non-injurious to fish when applied at the recommended rate, an herbicide application can still contribute to a fish kill.’
- ‘One of the issues posed by this case is whether reverse stereotypes based on age are sufficiently reliable and non-injurious to justify their use.’
- ‘Some form of non-injurious deterrence has been suggested by beleaguered fishermen, but this would be experimental at best.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.