One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not causing harm or offence.‘non-injurious physical contact’
harmless, safe, non-dangerous, non-poisonous, non-toxic, non-irritant, innocentView synonyms
- ‘Some form of non-injurious deterrence has been suggested by beleaguered fishermen, but this would be experimental at best.’
- ‘Although non-injurious to fish when applied at the recommended rate, an herbicide application can still contribute to a fish kill.’
- ‘These must be used sparingly, reluctantly, after the noninjurious options have been tried.’
- ‘When faced with a condition that is unfamiliar, a teacher must be open to feedback from the student in order to find poses and that are helpful and non-injurious.’
- ‘One of the issues posed by this case is whether reverse stereotypes based on age are sufficiently reliable and non-injurious to justify their use.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.