Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not inert; chemically active.‘non-inert organic waste’
operative, working, functioning, functional, operating, operational, in action, in operation, in force, liveView synonyms
- ‘London is not capable of being entirely self-sufficient in terms of the disposal of residues of non-inert waste.’
- ‘Urban and industrial activities can also pollute aquifers by run-off of non-inert products or solid residues deposited on the land.’
- ‘You can replace the nitrogen with a non-inert gas.’
- ‘Natural materials, or those having the lowest content of non-inert substances or least emission of volatile or gaseous components, are selected.’
- ‘We previously objected to the scheme because it proposed to bring in non-inert waste.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.