One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not inert; chemically active.‘non-inert organic waste’
operative, working, functioning, functional, operating, operational, in action, in operation, in force, liveView synonyms
- ‘Urban and industrial activities can also pollute aquifers by run-off of non-inert products or solid residues deposited on the land.’
- ‘We previously objected to the scheme because it proposed to bring in non-inert waste.’
- ‘London is not capable of being entirely self-sufficient in terms of the disposal of residues of non-inert waste.’
- ‘Natural materials, or those having the lowest content of non-inert substances or least emission of volatile or gaseous components, are selected.’
- ‘You can replace the nitrogen with a non-inert gas.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.