One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not able to speak or write a particular foreign language easily and accurately.‘non-fluent speakers of English’
broken, disjointed, faltering, halting, hesitant, rudimentary, limited, deficientView synonyms
- ‘Non-fluent English speakers would fail to recognise the negative connotations of the word.’
- ‘The community as a whole shares certain norms for interacting, whether in fluent Gaelic, non-fluent Gaelic, or English.’
- ‘Often when nonfluent readers read aloud, their reading is interrupted not only by their own pauses but by other students who tell them the word that is causing the pause.’
- ‘A child has an increased likelihood of being referred to special education if he or she is listed as non-fluent in his or her native and second language.’
- ‘Non-native, non-fluent readers put German into their own syntactic rules for word placement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.