One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Aristotle does not rule out the possibility that metaphor may contain insights, but any truth so contained in figurative language would be additionally accessible through non-figurative language.’
- ‘But God's self-portrayal can be simultaneously literal and figurative only if literal does not mean non-figurative but real or actual.’
- 1.1 (of art) abstract.‘works which appeared to be non-figurative often did in fact recall the visible world’
- ‘In the twentieth century Wassily Kandinsky is considered as the inventor of non-figurative art.’
- ‘This is often the case with abstract or non-figurative painting.’
- ‘Liu's non-figurative paintings embody an extreme intensity which has become a trademark style of this talented painter.’
- ‘I also do more non-figurative art that is very abstract.’
- ‘Up until about 1974, Haas experimented with a range of different techniques and styles, producing, for example, non-figurative paintings and drawings reminiscent of Paul Klee or the Abstract Expressionists.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.