One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not engaged in fighting or aggression.‘a non-fighting unit of the army’‘non-fighting countries’
non-participating, civilian, non-belligerent, pacifist, neutral, non-alignedView synonyms
- ‘The lord led warriors; the warrior fought for his lord; they were both serviced by non-fighting tenant farmers who owed their livelihoods to the lord.’
- ‘More annoyingly, he translates this hyperactive camera trickery to non-fighting sequences.’
- ‘As a rule the non-fighting vehicles carried a name only, but there were exceptions.’
- ‘The non-fighting public has to pay for every military action, after all.’
- ‘Every additional non-fighting unit places its own logistic demands, is vulnerable and needs protection, and compounds the problems of mobility.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.