One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not engaged in fighting or aggression.‘a non-fighting unit of the army’‘non-fighting countries’
non-participating, civilian, non-belligerent, pacifist, neutral, non-alignedView synonyms
- ‘The lord led warriors; the warrior fought for his lord; they were both serviced by non-fighting tenant farmers who owed their livelihoods to the lord.’
- ‘Every additional non-fighting unit places its own logistic demands, is vulnerable and needs protection, and compounds the problems of mobility.’
- ‘The non-fighting public has to pay for every military action, after all.’
- ‘More annoyingly, he translates this hyperactive camera trickery to non-fighting sequences.’
- ‘As a rule the non-fighting vehicles carried a name only, but there were exceptions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.