One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many have set the precedent and Goddard's novel makes a nod towards those who supported the Republican struggle in his title, which is a homage itself to George Orwell's non-fictional account of the war, Homage to Catalonia.’
- ‘His memoir, Mount Allegro, which has remained in print most of the years since its first appearance in 1943, is the first of four non-fictional books written by Mangione that deal with Sicilian and Sicilian American culture.’
- ‘Other non-fictional work and novels quickly followed The Good Earth including A House Divided, Dragon Seed, Pavilion of Women, and The Time is Noon.’
- ‘This traumatic event clearly made a deep impression, as she returned to it several times in her fictional and non-fictional texts.’
- ‘Since this sketch is a non-fictional work, the appearance of the devil in a tangible corporeal form is perhaps not expected, but the technique employed in this piece is similar to that which Hawthorne uses throughout the body of his work.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.