Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to or denoting a metal other than iron or steel.
- ‘Most non-ferrous metal structures are rolled cold, but steel is usually rolled hot.’
- ‘The residual materials that remain after incineration, such as ferrous and non-ferrous metals, are recycled after incineration.’
- ‘The analysis is repeated for a group of five pollution-intensive industries, namely mining, paper, chemicals, steel, and non-ferrous metals.’
- ‘Further, non-ferrous scrap metal accounted for US $4.7 million or 0.05 per cent of total exports.’
- ‘Prices of steel products and non-ferrous metals, such as copper, are sliding, the State Development Reform Commission said.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.