One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting a metal other than iron or steel.
- ‘The residual materials that remain after incineration, such as ferrous and non-ferrous metals, are recycled after incineration.’
- ‘Further, non-ferrous scrap metal accounted for US $4.7 million or 0.05 per cent of total exports.’
- ‘The analysis is repeated for a group of five pollution-intensive industries, namely mining, paper, chemicals, steel, and non-ferrous metals.’
- ‘Prices of steel products and non-ferrous metals, such as copper, are sliding, the State Development Reform Commission said.’
- ‘Most non-ferrous metal structures are rolled cold, but steel is usually rolled hot.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.