One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not radical, serious, or exceptional; moderate.‘a strong and non-extreme leader who ran a powerful, positive campaign’
dispassionate, middle-of-the-road, non-radical, non-reactionary, open to reason, equitable, impartialView synonyms
- ‘Among some adolescent boys and girls, nonextreme strategies that were being used to decrease weight developed into health risk behaviors.’
- ‘She thinks people enjoy regular non-extreme skiing quite a bit.’
- ‘We need qualified, independent and non-extreme judges for the courts.’
- ‘To attain nirvana, Buddha suggested taking a non-extreme course called the Middle Path.’
- ‘The cumulative damage in non-extreme scenarios mounts up in more subtle ways.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.