One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not more than is necessary, normal, or desirable; moderate.‘non-excessive alcohol use’
reasonable, within reason, acceptable, within due limitsView synonyms
- ‘These designers believe in non-excessive, functional and naturally beautiful houses.’
- ‘The average distance to the nearest water source increased from 264 meters to 294 meters between 1985 and 1988, but this remains a non-excessive distance to cover.’
- ‘Non-excessive salaries paid to members are deductible for the purposes of determination of the taxable income of the corporation.’
- ‘The challenge is to identify a rate of return that is generous enough to encourage non-excessive investment while at the same time not undermining economic welfare.’
- ‘The Exercise Dependence Scale was used to determine whether the subjects were considered excessive exercisers or nonexcessive exercisers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.