One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not more than is necessary, normal, or desirable; moderate.‘non-excessive alcohol use’
reasonable, within reason, acceptable, within due limitsView synonyms
- ‘The average distance to the nearest water source increased from 264 meters to 294 meters between 1985 and 1988, but this remains a non-excessive distance to cover.’
- ‘The Exercise Dependence Scale was used to determine whether the subjects were considered excessive exercisers or nonexcessive exercisers.’
- ‘Non-excessive salaries paid to members are deductible for the purposes of determination of the taxable income of the corporation.’
- ‘These designers believe in non-excessive, functional and naturally beautiful houses.’
- ‘The challenge is to identify a rate of return that is generous enough to encourage non-excessive investment while at the same time not undermining economic welfare.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.