Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not successful in producing a desired or intended result.
- ‘An evaluation of alternative strategic development options enables a broader assessment of potential business risk factors and a more flexible approach to redirect non-effective strategies.’
- ‘Annoyed that the second offence had not been mentioned before the latest hearing he said: ‘I think it is ludicrous to bring them here for a sentence that is non-effective.’’
- ‘I have searched around for an answer but found nothing but conflicting advice and what appear to be non-effective products to deal with this problem.’
- ‘Inconsistent, inadequate and non-effective communication seems to be the problem.’
- ‘As it is currently, it's way too slow and full of non-effective stats and skills to be a contribution to play.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.