One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not relating to the Christian Church or its clergy.‘non-ecclesiastical activities in the parish’‘the oldest non-ecclesiastical building in Cornwall’
non-clerical, non-ordained, secular, temporalView synonyms
- ‘Winchester was the only non-ecclesiastical man of mark who attended Katherine's funeral.’
- ‘It applies in all nonecclesiastical universities, whereas the canonical mission applies only in ecclesiastical faculties.’
- ‘Charles II frequently used it for non-ecclesiastical purposes.’
- ‘Teenagers loved his youthful sincerity and adults his non-ecclesiastical demeanor.’
- ‘In the 6th century tithes were imposed by ecclesiastical law, and by the 8th century they would be enforced by non-ecclesiastical law.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.