Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
[mass noun] Fair and unprejudiced treatment of different categories of people.‘the right to non-discrimination on the grounds of gender is fundamental to democracy’
fairness, justness, equitability, impartiality, even-handedness, egalitarianism, equal rights, equal opportunities, non-discriminationView synonyms
- ‘Some people believe that legal non-discrimination in education and employment is sufficient.’
- ‘There were more modest possibilities for acknowledging gay relationships, emphasizing tolerance and nondiscrimination.’
- ‘They sought commitments regarding human rights code protection, access to services, child custody rights and non-discrimination in housing and employment within feminist agendas.’
- ‘This extension of non-discrimination from government to civil society is not just a shift in the scale of liberal norms, it also involves a radical extension in the obligations of liberal citizenship.’
- ‘The small bribes probably didn't violate any human right such as liberty, security, non-discrimination, minimal education and political participation.’
- ‘Interestingly, non-discrimination and tolerance of others is also a duty.’
- ‘The law also guarantees the basic indigenous peoples ' rights such as equal protection, nondiscrimination, and respect for cultural integrity.’
- ‘One of the most fundamental of those goals is achieving equality and non-discrimination.’
- ‘Seek out television, radio, and print opportunities to preach the message of nondiscrimination.’
- ‘To understand civility, it is helpful to compare it with the related requirement of non-discrimination.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.