One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1Lacking directional properties.
- ‘It was observed that the bulging effect at the apex was accompanied by the formation of thick but non-directional microfilaments.’
- ‘Because it is non-directional, a manufacturer can optimize cutting yield.’
- ‘The simplest explanation of these changes, given the non-directional pattern evident in Figure 3, is that they result from the varying patterns of replenishment and loss of individual fishes.’
- 1.1 (of sound, light, radio waves, etc.) equally sensitive, intense, etc., in every direction.‘the lighting is soft and non-directional, meaning there are no harsh shadows’
- ‘The airstrip, which does not have a manned control tower, is served by a non-directional beacon.’
- ‘The voice came from all around as non-directional speakers vibrated the air of the room itself.’
- ‘We also needed to confirm the airport would be open, and the airport lights and non-directional beacon were working.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.