Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Not involving damage or destruction, especially of an object or material that is being tested.‘non-destructive testing methods’
- ‘Deflection testing is a non-destructive method of assessing the structural adequacy of a pavement.’
- ‘Progress has been made in turning these methods into non-destructive analytical tools.’
- ‘Two of them are non-destructive methods, while the third one is a destructive method.’
- ‘This raises concern about the accuracy and application of non-destructive deflection testing for diagnosis and prediction of pavement performance.’
- ‘The center section wing spar passed its non-destructive test with flying colors.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.