One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a disease) not spread by contact.
- ‘The non-contagious disease affects horses and humans and can be fatal to the elderly and those with weakened immune systems.’
- ‘Zhejiang is now the fourth province in China to have officially opened the door to non-contagious Hepatitis B carriers.’
- ‘Faye Stuart died in hospital five days after she was struck down by pneumococcal meningitis, a rare and non-contagious form of the disease.’
- ‘The manual contains vital information on non-contagious diseases, first aid methods, and diet charts for women, young girls and newborns.’
- ‘If non-contagious illnesses were seen as having similarly broad consequences, the debate over guaranteed health care would long ago have ended in favor of providing it.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.