(of a disease) not spread by contact.
- ‘The non-contagious disease affects horses and humans and can be fatal to the elderly and those with weakened immune systems.’
- ‘The manual contains vital information on non-contagious diseases, first aid methods, and diet charts for women, young girls and newborns.’
- ‘Zhejiang is now the fourth province in China to have officially opened the door to non-contagious Hepatitis B carriers.’
- ‘Faye Stuart died in hospital five days after she was struck down by pneumococcal meningitis, a rare and non-contagious form of the disease.’
- ‘If non-contagious illnesses were seen as having similarly broad consequences, the debate over guaranteed health care would long ago have ended in favor of providing it.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.