One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Unwilling to talk or impart information.‘he was non-communicative, withdrawn in class, wary of others’
uncommunicative, secret, unforthcoming, reticent, taciturn, silent, quiet, tight-lipped, close-mouthed, close, playing one's cards close to one's chest, clamlike, reserved, introvert, introverted, self-contained, discreetView synonyms
- ‘Can I just point out that I'm the quiet, cautious, business-like, non-communicative, serious, boring type, as well as being her boss.’
- ‘They miss being at home, they miss their families, and this can result in a child becoming withdrawn, non-communicative and depressed.’
- ‘One of my patients is 91 years of age, resides in a nursing home and is bedridden and non-communicative.’
- ‘One of the biggest issues we face is non-communicative people in media departments who feel it's not their job to let you know what you're facing.’
- ‘We have one student who is non-communicative who also has some behavioural difficulties.’
- ‘Don't expect her to be flattered by non-communicative behavior; she expects you to talk to her.’
- ‘The insecure manager or the non-communicative manager will generally fail with this approach.’
- ‘When they do go on tour they are usually hidden by their laptops and non-communicative with the fans.’
- ‘I was unlucky enough to get stuck between a non-communicative girl and a man who was, to put it nicely, flowing over the shared armrest.’
- ‘The big differences between my wife and I often resulted in some similar non-communicative situations early in our relationship.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.