One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The ability to play non-committally in the opening without incurring any disadvantage in doing so is a great asset, and he can and should delay his decisions until the other countries have committed themselves.’
- ‘Tash nodded non-committally, feeling a twinge of something like guilt.’
- ‘‘Mmm,’ she replied non-committally, but the radiant smile on her face showed that her demons were gone for the moment.’
- ‘‘He looks a bit busy to me,’ Bella continued non-committally.’
- ‘‘Yeah, fine,’ he replied non-committally as he dug his hand into his pocket.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.