Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Denoting a skincare product or cosmetic that is formulated so as not to cause blocked pores.
- ‘Make sure it's non-comedogenic, which means it won't clog pores.’
- ‘Use moisturizers only as needed and if using cosmetics, try to find non-comedogenic brands that are oil-free and water-based.’
- ‘Use non-comedogenic (non-acne causing), oil-free products such as Aquaderm, Aveeno, Cetaphil, or Complex 15.’
- ‘For optimal results, opt for moisturizers that are non-comedogenic, dermatology tested, fragrance-free, and preservative-free.’
- ‘Finally, towel dry your head and use a non-comedogenic cream to moisturize your skin - it won't clog your pores.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.