One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A non-commissioned officer.
- ‘The junior non-coms kept telling the troops that.’
- ‘Their commanding officer perseveres forward, but finds himself betrayed by a non-com concerned with self-salvation alone.’
- ‘I was, for a short period of time, acting as a non-com in the training program for recruits during World War II.’
- ‘Sawyer is a non-com serving with an artillery battalion stationed in Karlsrhue Germany.’
- ‘Then, our officers and non-coms bellow the order to halt.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.