One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a section of a nucleic acid molecule) not directing the production of a peptide sequence.
- ‘For neo-Darwinism, new functional genes either arise from non-coding sections in the genome or from pre-existing genes.’
- ‘He also said that mutations in non-coding portions of the gene, which control regulation, could also render it nonfunctional, which tends to push the number upward.’
- ‘The functions of these non-coding nucleic acid sequences are only partly understood.’
- ‘Here we propose an approach to the study of the rate of evolution of functional non-coding sequences at a macro-evolutionary scale.’
- ‘The rare mutations - which are changes in the non-coding portion of its DNA - can serve as markers, which can distinguish peoples.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.