One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of an area) not near or having a coast.‘non-coastal parts of California’
inland, inshore, upcountry, inner, innermost, centralView synonyms
- ‘There are some places, notably Shetland, where the art of using fish livers has been developed by a fishing community to an extent which is unimaginable for persons in non-coastal urban environments.’
- ‘People living in non-coastal areas in southwest and south central Louisiana also need to prepare.’
- ‘Nautical images are appealing in non-coastal communities.’
- ‘British holidaymakers will still be able to take trips to non-coastal parts of Sri Lanka and Thailand.’
- ‘Lyon is unique in the destinations selected for this feature in that it is the only non-coastal region we are examining.’
- ‘Holidays to the non-coastal areas of Sri Lanka and Thailand, as well as scheduled services, are carrying on as normal.’
- ‘Noncoastal areas are primarily affected by heavy rains that cause flooding and by strong winds that damage plant communities (Craighead and Gilbert, 1962; Alexander, 1967; Loope and others, 1994).’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.