Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
1Not having an allergy to something.‘get a non-allergic person to do this job’
- ‘Airway remodeling is a feature of chronic asthma, but may also differ, as in adults in children with allergic and non-allergic asthma.’
- ‘It may involve allergic or non-allergic reactions.’
- ‘They further use these unproven methods to diagnose ‘allergies’ as causes of non-allergic diseases such as arthritis, colitis, and migraine headaches.’
- 1.1Not caused by an allergy.‘non-allergic asthma’
- 1.2Not causing an allergic reaction.‘select non-allergic, washable bedding materials’
- ‘However, some people tend to suffer allergic effects when not wearing the real thing, but do not attempt to substitute fake jewellery by non-allergic coloured plastic fare.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.