One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(of a drink) not containing alcohol.
- ‘So she avoided him and went off in search of a non-alcoholic drink.’
- ‘Of course, he was drinking ginger ale, despite the jeering he had received at the bar when he ordered the non-alcoholic drink.’
- ‘They found more young people in mainland Europe were switching to non-alcoholic drinks as part of a drive for healthier lifestyles.’
- ‘Saturday night we went off to Alison's 30th, had a few non-alcoholic drinks, and left at about 11.’
- ‘Adjacent to the restaurant is a bar, which is well stocked with an assortment of alcoholic beverages and non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘Once we were done, we headed back into the club for some fun dancing and yummy non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘After dancing for a while and then getting a few non-alcoholic drinks, they sat down on a towel right underneath the boardwalk.’
- ‘It must have been that glass of non-alcoholic beer I drank too quickly.’
- ‘By the way, we were talking about non-alcoholic drinks from the gas station.’
- ‘This person drinks only non-alcoholic beverages to ensure that friends or loved ones get home safety.’
- ‘Free meals will still be provided in first class, and the airline will continue to offer free snacks and non-alcoholic drinks to all passengers.’
- ‘I think it would also be nice for the Saint Vincent de Paul people to provide watering stations so the walkers could stop at chapels and be given cool, non-alcoholic drinks.’
- ‘Three new alcoholic and two non-alcoholic beverages were created.’
- ‘Sitting on a stool, she held onto her non-alcoholic drink with one hand and tapped her fingers on the counter of the bar with the other.’
- ‘The market for non-alcoholic drinks in Asia is all about big names, big bucks and huge, thirsty populations.’
- ‘The restaurant allowed patrons who ordered a non-alcoholic drink to have one free refill per order, if they wished it.’
- ‘One example is a non-alcoholic drink, called Malta, which is now being successfully marketed in Asia and Africa.’
- ‘The bar has a traditional bar counter where alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks are served and an adjoining food servery selling typical pub food.’
- ‘We probably had the only non-alcoholic drinks in the whole place.’
- ‘Bingo halls can also link games and offer unlimited winnings, while betting shops can offer food and non-alcoholic drinks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.