One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person who is unsuccessful, especially in the attainment of educational goals.‘all his life he's never had praise but been told he's a non-achiever’
loser, born loser, incompetent, underachiever, ne'er-do-well, disappointment, write-offView synonyms
- ‘Most of all I just loved my horses, even if they were complete non-achievers. "’
- ‘It's not rejection that distinguishes achievers from nonachievers - it's the way they handle failure.’
- ‘Through our poverty we try to share Christ's love and respect for the so-called non-achievers, for those who are on the fringe of society.’
- ‘I'd hate to be seen as a non-achiever, so I would like to think that I have an entrepreneurial future of some kind.’
- ‘O'Neill will adopt a root and branch transformation at Parkhead and the present group of non-achievers, the first team squad, will be pruned drastically.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.