One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
(in skateboarding and snowboarding) a jump performed without the aid of a take-off ramp, executed by pressing the foot down on the nose of the board.
- ‘Bryan tried a few nollies inwards and was like, "I don't think I can do it again."’
- ‘It was too late, I was in mid-air… My nollie was good and my aim was perfect.’
- ‘With a little more skill you could snap a little nollie off the end.’
- ‘You have the mechanics of the nollie down pat but have never taken one higher than six inches off the ground.’
- ‘In my mind though the highlight of the girl's contest was Elissa Steamer landing a huge nollie down the biggest stair set on the course.’
1990s: probably short for nose ollie: see ollie.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.