One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
1A small round piece of meat, especially lamb.
- ‘Karen, the Munster regional finalist, won out with her honeyed lamb noisettes, roast root vegetables and rosemary roast potatoes followed by sticky toffee pudding with caramel sauce.’
- ‘It is an ideal wine to match with the delicate, sweeter notes of gently seared noisettes of lamb.’
- ‘After consultation with him, she is reported to have chosen a starter of foie gras, a main course of noisettes of lamb with cassoulet, and a dessert of chocolate wedding cake.’
- ‘But, says Dale, as we move from the soup to noisettes of lamb, ‘it made me very tough’.’
- ‘I choose the grilled noisette of lamb with minted couscous and grilled capsicum.’
- ‘There was a difference of opinion over the roast skewered noisettes of lamb, served with rosemary and mustard soubise.’
- ‘Our main courses were also beyond reproach, featuring a noisette of lamb with aubergine pesto and mashed potato, and an exceptional halibut fillet with herb butter and creamed nutty cabbage.’
2A chocolate made with hazelnuts.
- ‘I had a noisette before we left for the party.’
French, diminutive of noix ‘nut’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.